Sunday, April 5, 2009

23

some things i learned from anton pavlovich

1
We descry on a drumlin
a figure in outline
who's tendriling earbuds
like crazy.
The skyline
against her
the color of iPod commercials.
And
lo
from
some
speakers
embedded
in
mold
a
man
shrieks
it



"Are You Gon Na Be My Girl?!"


2
'But best of all I'd like to live right here'
he said and pointered out the upper left
indention of convection currents' trails.
'The biggest vacuum cleaner there could be.
You see it's here, the scientists report--
the phatic past phantasmagoria,
the liver, magma, flash obsidion.'
I sat in Moscow, insofar as I
could find it, warming bones and marrow fat
within his upper left and molten bend--
a Soviet radiator drying socks--
and let the whole collection ooze and pour
about my head, corn syrup lava caught
throughout my hair before I arch my neck,
allow the gak to probe my back and send
eruptions of warm shivers to my limbs.
At last the past phantasmagoria:
in sum no more than a distraction's scab.

No comments: