Friday, October 3, 2008

7

Best weather Moscow's seen in a month today. Around 70 degrees, with only a small band of clouds off to the north. And--rejoice!--no class on Fridays, so I went for a pleasant run in the park, even stopping to do some pull-ups on the bar that stands, for some reason, by itself in the middle. There were an unbelievable number of women with strollers out rolling around; sometimes it seems like women out-number men two to one here. The lingering mark of a violent twentieth century. I've been able to get quite a bit of reading done, probably to the detriment of my Russian acquisition, but I excuse myself: those bus rides are long. Just finished Natasha's Dance: A Cultural History of Russia, trying to educate myself a bit, and am working on reading Joyce's Dubliners closely. Also, a slower project, reading Gogol's The Inspector General in Russian. Tonight there are a few good concerts, so I'm headed to the center.

1 comment:

Wenonga said...

Hey Dan-o, glad you are using your commute time productively. Weather has been glorious on Wenonga, too. Fall arrived on time this year. We miss you. Another football weekend coming up ('Noles vs hated 'Canes!). Baseball playoffs underway, TB Rays lead White Sox 1-0. We'll keep you posted.